Do you love adrak ki chai? (Ginger Tea) because i simply love it. It doesn’t only taste good but also serves you with Vitamin C and magnesium which is beneficial for health. Ginger is a natural ingredient used in treatment of various medical problem be it health or beauty. Ginger is a wunderkind spice that aids in treating hair fall, baldness, hair thinning.Ginger is known to reverse baldness, promote hair growth and used widely for bald spot treatment. This spice has been used since centuries in different Ayurvedic treatments.If you’re wondering on how to control hair fall and how Ginger for hair growth works, then here are the perfect solutions.
Benefits of Ginger for hair growth:
- Ginger for hair is an excellent remedy for natural hair growth and controlling hair fall. It has stimulating qualities that help increase the blood flow through the scalp, which improves the growth of hair follicles.
- Ginger for hair has properties that protect and condition your hair. Rich in minerals and essential oils which makes hair thicker,stronger, more manageable, softer and shinier.
- It contains natural anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which help keep scalp healthy and clean.
- Dandruff is the main cause of hair loss, Ginger being the hero herb it also helps get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp. [Also read How to get rid of Dandruff instantly , Causes and Home Remedies.]
How to use ginger for hair growth:
It is advised to do a test patch first to see if your skin is sensitive to Ginger juice. If it is i will give you tips on how to use Ginger for sensitive skin/scalp in the end of the article.
Ginger treatment to stop hair fall and promote hair growth.
- Take a fresh ginger root and peel the outer covering. The fresher the ginger root the more affective it is on your scalp. Now there are two ways to use ginger for treating bald spots or the area where you feel you have lost a lot of hair and hair is thinning.
- First way is poking the ginger root tip with fork till it oozes out juice and then rubbing it on the affected area. Massage it for few minutes do not let it dry or keep for longer hours. You can secure it by wrapping a towel on your hair or wearing shower cap. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off your hair using a mild shampoo following your hair care routine.
- Second way is taking a fresh ginger root, peel the outer covering and cut it into small pieces. Now blend the pieces using little amount of water or as required till it blends into a fine paste as shown in the picture below.
Apply the paste onto your entire scalp using a brush, or your fingers making hair sections. I prefer using a brush as it is less messy and the paste gets distributed evenly on the scalp. Once applied on the scalp massage it for few minutes and wrap a towel to keep it from drying. Your scalp would feel warming effect and tingling for a while as the Ginger stimulates your scalp and increases the blood flow. So, if you feel warm and tingling effect it’s a good news the ginger juice has started working on scalp reviving the dead follices. But dont worry because the tingling settles after few minutes. Keep the ginger juice on for 30 minutes and wash it off with mild shampoo.
You can do this twice in a week for maximum results.
It takes 2-3 months to show results so stay constant and positive, you’ll see baby hair growing on the affected area soon if you use this treatment daily.
This treatment will control hair fall ,promote hair growth, treats bald spots, makes hair stronger and thicker.
For the people having sensitive skin you can add oil to the ginger juice, oils that can be used are Coconut oil, Jojoba oil, Olive oil, Argan oil.
Combine both the ingredients together until well mixed and apply as mentioned above.
Disclaimer: Ginger juice can cause irritation to the scalp. If you have sensitive scalp the tingling sensation and warming effect would be unpleasurable. Therefore, using oil with the juice is recommended. You won’t get magical hair growth in 1-2 uses, it will take time for your scalp to grow hair. This treatment is beneficial if used regularly.